Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Friday 17 August 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful, Exhibition


This September I have been lucky enough to be on of the many artists selected to showcase their artwork at the stunning Barleylands Craft Village as part of the Barleylands Art Trail 2012.

When I was a child I loved jumping on bouncy castles, laughing, giggling, falling over, going on adventures with my brothers and sister, playing cards, board games, top trumps and the Atari! No fear of hurting myself, what I looked like, who would be watching - just fun. As an adult with the pressures of a family, work commitments, mortgage, household bills - we forget about how curious we were as children, how fearless we were, how we trusted in our imaginations and believed whatever it would conceive – was achievable! Instead we spend much of our adult years reminiscing about the past, afraid to take challenges, try new things or take risks. As part of the Barleylands Art Trail, my exhibition contains several interactive pieces of art that I hope encourage adults to remember what it physically feels like to be a child again, to let go, to have fun, to laugh. The memories on the Bouncy Castle and table cloth are those of my siblings, friends and my own. I hope that you have the courage to go back in time and have a bounce or two, visit the Wigwam, share your memories and let the child in you come to life.
Reasons to be Cheerful (1980's bouncer)

Reasons to be Cheerful (1980's bouncer)
Thank you to Glass from the Past, Studio 28 at Barleylands, being my host venue for 2012.

Threes a Crowd, Felt, buttons, thread and toy stuffing

Little b, Little d, embroidered onto a tablecloth

Close up of "Little b, Little d"


Inside the Wigwam, Felt replica's of everyday objects

Wigwam, Felt, Material, Cane sticks and string

Mother Mask, Prescriptions, felt, embroidery thread and toy stuffing

Tell me a Story, Wooden easel, felt on canvas

The lovely Abigail creating a story on the felt  canvas in the Wigwam


Thank you to all my friends and family for your ongoing support, love ya.
The exhibitions runs form the 4th - 30th September, why not pop along for more information check out http://www.barleylands.co.uk/ If you are interested in commissioning a piece of work please contact Lisa on lisamart@hotmail.co.uk

No comments: