Search This Blog

Welcome to my blog

Monday 8 October 2012

It always surprises me!

Last week I had the privilege of meeting a very talented young girl called Kaitlyn Palmer. At the age of 10 Kaitlyn loves to explore the use of tissue paper, pva glue, card and paint to create her own unique bear sculptures. I spent only a few minutes talking with Kaitlyn and was totally impressed by her passion and commitment to her art work.

As the heading of the blog indicates I am always surprised and impressed by our young artists talents. I was delighted when Kaitlyn brought this beautiful bear in to sit on our desk at the Gallery 2 space throughout the duration of the Basildon Art Trail. After talking to me in the gallery Kaitlyn went straight home and made this for our gallery. I wanted to share her talents with you in this blog and hope to see more of Kaitlyn's beautiful work in the near future.
Basildon Gallery 2 Bear

Kaitlyn proudly poses with her bear


No comments: